Public Relations Specialist/Graphic DesignerJob Location:
Competitive, Depends on QualificationsClearance:
Possible travel is anticipated Purpose
People, Technology and Processes, LLC is seeking a Public Relations Specialist/Graphic Designer to provide full range of specialized digital media services, writing/editing and technical support to the United States Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Science and Technology Directorate (S&T) Communications and Outreach Division (COD). These innovative communications and digital media services will enhance and augment COD's outreach capabilities in support of the priorities and strategic direction of S&T. *****THIS POSITION IS CONTINGENT UPON AWRD*****Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Performs task of creating visual concepts, by hand or using computer applications, to communicate ideas that inspire, inform, or captivate an audience.
- Conduct usability testing including testing live sites, apps, prototypes.
- Create high quality marketing materials including postcards, quarterly reports, flyers and other custom marketing pieces
- Create and disseminate email marketing campaigns using various mass email programs
- Assist in the creation, proofing and editing of marketing proposals and packages
- Build team brand awareness
- Create invitations and marketing for events
- Assist with various operational and administrative tasks as requested
- Think creatively to produce new ideas and concepts and developing interactive design.
- Create custom layouts, graphics/illustrations for all communication products: fact sheets, reports, brochures, newsletters, mass emails, posters, briefings/PowerPoint presentations, exhibit displays, and websites; develop event branding and all associated collateral.
- Conceptualize and create information graphics to communicate complex technical concepts and systems.
- Demonstrate a knowledge of interactive design, user-centered design, brand development, digital marketing, and the creative interpretation of technical concepts.
- Conceptualize, design, and execute responsive and interactive digital publications as required (annual reports, strategic plans, fact sheets, brochures, etc.) for delivery across multiple platforms, including web, mobile, social media, and intranet sites.
- Collaborate with COD and program managers and others as required to understand and capture the vision and purpose of S&T products to be featured.
- Deliver graphics that are compatible across platforms that include the S&T microsite, iPads/tablets, mobile devices, social media sites, the S&T intranet (SharePoint), and other browser-based applications identified by COD.
About the company:
- MA in Fine Arts or Graphic Design
- 5 years of relevant experience; or 12 years of experience Minimum
- 5 years of Graphic/Creative design experience
- Expert level competency using Adobe Creative Suite
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office programs including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint is a must.
- Social media marketing experience helpful
- Ability to communicate extremely well both written and verbally
- Excellent writing and editing skills, i.e., spelling, grammar punctuation, etc.
- Strong work ethic, verbally articulate and detail-oriented, with a support the team attitude
- Possess a desire to learn new concepts and master new software applications
As a Service Disabled, Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) we are a provider of Information Technology (IT) professional services, software solutions and professional development training. Our core competencies evolved from leveraging IT enablers for knowledge management with an emphasis on Web Based Knowledge Portals and Portal Services, Server/System Services, SharePoint Development and System Administration and SQL Server Services. Our capabilities have expanded to include software development, technical training support and field support services. Guiding Principles
- Satisfy the customer - "Exceed expectations"
- Set the Example - "Be out front"
- Be Responsive - "Timing is everything"
- Persevere - "Find a way"
PTP offers a comprehensive benefits program:
Holidays and Annual Leave
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Supplemental benefits (Short Term Disability, Cancer & Accident).
- Employer-sponsored Basic Life & AD&D Insurance
- Employer-sponsored Long-Term Disability
- Employer-sponsored Value Adds - FreshBenies
- 401(k) with matching
- 10 Paid Holidays
- 120 hours PTO accrual per year