Union Pacific is accepting online applications for a student internship position on the Corporate Communications team at UP Center in Omaha, Nebraska, beginning in Sept. 2020. The intern will support day-to-day functions and assist with creating promotional materials, as well as learn the intricacies involved in protecting and promoting the Union Pacific brand.
This internship is designed to provide students hands-on opportunities in a fast-paced environment in one of America?s leading companies. The successful prospect can expect a mentored learning experience, and the opportunity to expand his/her classroom knowledge and skills.
Work schedule can be designed to accommodate academic class schedule; however, availability to work 20 hours per week at UP Center is required.
The intern will:
- Write internal and external communications focused on a variety of topics ranging from corporate policy to human interest and heritage.
- Write news releases and compile media distribution lists.
- Assist with project management for various company initiatives.
- Staff corporate events.
- Social media monitoring and response.
- Conduct topical research and support monthly metrics reporting.
As an intern, you will build knowledge and experience in our core business groups and their vision, business objectives, processes, systems, and services. You will have extensive contact with peers and interaction with senior leaders. There will also be an opportunity to put leadership, technical skills, and business knowledge to immediate use through high value project assignments.
- Assist with project management for various company initiatives and complete administrative tasks and special projects
- Learn and perform core department business group work tasks, processes, and customer services
- Perform administrative support for department business group managers
- Develop and execute project action plans and perform team assignments
- Build and strengthen a network of professional contacts within departments and across the company
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Basic organization AND prioritization skills
- Basic time and project management skills
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in corporate communications demonstrating effective business writing and editing skills
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud Design Tools
- Authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- College student with earned credits equivalent to two years toward an undergraduate degree in Journalism, Communications, Public Relations, English or a closely aligned field.
Union Pacific supports diversity in the workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer inclusive of protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.