This position will be administered as a paid year round internship and provides hands-on experience in a fast-paced business environment with one of America's leading transportation and logistics companies. The work schedule is flexible and can be designed to accommodate the course commitments of the successful candidate. A flexible work schedule includes up to 25 hours per week during the school year and up to 40 hours per week during the summer months.
As an intern, you will help our core business groups achieve their vision and business objectives by applying technology to improve their processes, systems, and services. You will build knowledge and experience with Union Pacific's IT environment and development processes. The intern candidate will have extensive contact with experienced developers, engineers, and peers, and have opportunities to interact with senior leaders. There will also be an opportunity to put your leadership, technical skills and business knowledge to immediate use through valued project assignments.
- Assist with project management for various company initiatives and complete administrative tasks and special projects
- Learn and perform core department business group work tasks, processes, and customer services
- Perform administrative support for department business group managers
- Develop and execute project action plans and perform team assignments
- Build and strengthen a network of professional contacts within departments and across the company
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Basic organization AND prioritization skills
- Basic time and project management skills
- Experience with programming/scripting
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient with a Linux based or Windows OS
- strong problem solving skills
- advanced computer skills with strong oral and written communication skills
- Authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- College student
Union Pacific supports diversity in the workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer inclusive of protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.