I believe that better care begins at home.
Compassionate care, uncompromising service and clinical excellence – that’s what our patients have come to expect from our clinicians. Kindred at Home, a division of Kindred Healthcare Inc., is the nation’s leading provider of comprehensive home health, hospice, and non-medical home care services.
Kindred at Home, and its affiliates, delivers compassionate, high-quality care to patients and clients in their homes or places of residence, including non-medical personal assistance, skilled nursing and rehabilitation and hospice and palliative care. Our caregivers focus on each unique patient to deliver the appropriate care and emotional support to our patients and their families.
I believe in working for a company that cares as much as I do.
We offer a unique employment package that includes:
• Unprecedented opportunities for career growth.
• Clinical ladder for professional credentialing and advancement.
• Innovative specialties with cutting-edge training and development.
I believe my work is my calling.
As a Home Health Occupational Therapist Assistant, you will:
- Provide therapy services planned, delegated and supervised by the qualified Occupational Therapist in accordance with the patient’s Plan of Treatment.
- Assist in the implementation of vocational/education programs and activities established by registered Occupational Therapist designed to restore, reinforce, and enhance task performances, diminish or correct pathology, and to promote/maintain health and self-sufficiency.
- Design/adapt equipment and working and/or living environment. Fabricate devices to assist and improve function and independence and participation in the program and/or community where possible.
- Provide therapeutic treatment and instruction to patients as directed by the qualified Occupational Therapist and in accordance with physician orders to improve/restore strength, coordination, range-of-motion and function or teach compensation measures.
- Report information and observations to Occupational Therapist and/or Clinical supervisor, document observed information in patient records and prepares clinical notes. Assist with preparation of progress reports. Maintain and submit documentation as required by the Company and/or facility.
- Instruct patients and family members regarding home programs as well as care and use of adaptive equipment.
- Participate in care coordination and discharge planning activities and act as a resource to other health care personnel in meeting patient's needs.
- Design community reintegration activities, as appropriate, to assist the client in the physical reconditioning effort, and/or the psychological adjustment and coordinate the plan with members of the interdisciplinary team.
- Current and unrestricted OTA licensure
- Minimum of six months occupational therapist assistant experience preferred
- Home Health experience a plus
- Current CPR certification
- Good organizational and communication skills
To learn more, please contact your local recruiter at (toll free) 855-KND-AT-HOME
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.