The Cashier ensures proper ticket handling and guest payments while delivering service that exceeds our customer/client’s expectations. The Cashier is responsible for taking payments and assisting guests as they enter or exit the property. The Cashier works closely with fellow team members, Operations Manager, and/or Shift Supervisor to ensure that cash handling procedures as well as safety standards are met at all times.QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- At least 18 years of age
- Basic math skills
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Ability to verbally communicate with guests
- Previous customer service experience, preferred
- Frequently operate small office equipment such as cash register, calculator, copier/printer
- Stand for extended periods of time, sometimes for entire duration of shift
Work is performed outdoors for extended periods of time including up to the entire duration of shift. Employees are subject to environmental conditions including extreme heat and cold weather. Protection from weather conditions may be provided, but not necessarily from temperature changes.PRINCIPAL DUTIES (ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS):
- Employee must be able to perform essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodations
- Greet arriving and departing guests in a friendly and courteous manner.
- Use respectful communication to assist guests with their questions, problems, and concerns; relay information to shift or Operations Manager as necessary issue and or collect visitor parking tickets.
- Match visitor ticket to parking rate schedule; collect proper payment from visitors and distribute correct change
- Complete lost ticket forms when original tickets cannot be located.
- Complete shift/daily reconciliation of receipts, cash, and charges; accurately account for all funds within cashier drawer.
- Perform revenue drops following specific location procedures.
- Maintain a clean, orderly, and safe work area in and around the cashier’s booth. Answers telephone in a prompt and courteous manner, when required.
- Immediately report any accidents, incidents or safety concerns to Operations Manager or Shift Lead.
- Communicate professionally at all times with guests, client, and teammates.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain an all-inclusive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Reef Technology is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status