PHARMACIST III PD - PharmD
As Mount Sinai continues to grow, so does our legacy of caring.
Mount Sinai Medical Center is proud to be South Florida's hospital of choice for great medicine. With more than 4000 employees, 500 volunteers, 670 beds, 26 operating suites and more than 650 physicians and 950 nurses, Mount Sinai is South Florida's largest private independent not-for-profit teaching hospital.
It takes the contribution of many individuals to make Mount Sinai the world-class institution it is today. As a team, we have focused our efforts on assuring that our patients receive high quality medical care. We're looking for motivated professionals who seek the challenge and stimulation of working in an academic medical center with an international reputation.
- Reviews physician prescriptions to assure accuracy to ascertain the needed ingredients and to evaluate their suitability.
- Compounds and dispenses medications as prescribed by the physician by calculating weighing measuring and mixing ingredients or by overseeing these activities.
- Identifies prevents and assesses medication-related problems to ensure a safe and optimal patient outcome.
- Provides drug information to physicians nurses and other members of the healthcare team upon verbal request or through formal in-service. Provides advice regarding drug interactions side effects dosage and proper medication storage. Advises the assigned group on the selection of medication brands medical equipment and health-care supplies.
- Reviews physician orders and recommends changes according to FDA approved indications standard therapy protocols and investigational drug studies; reviews patient's height weight body surface area blood count values renal function or liver function as required before recommending any change.
- Prepares all intravenous admixtures according to documented stability and diluents guidelines.
- Collaborates with other healthcare professionals to plan monitor review and evaluate the quality and effectiveness of drugs and drug regimens; provides advice on drug application and characteristics. Advises the assigned group on the selection of medication brands medical equipment and health-care supplies.
- Counsels patients about uses and side effects of medications as required. Instructs patients on the operation of ambulatory infusion devices.
- Maintains written and computerized patient profiles containing all doses of drug dispensation.
- Identifies and reports pharmacy interventions and adverse drug reactions.
- Analyzes prescribing trends to monitor patient compliance and to prevent excessive usage or harmful interactions.
- Maintains records such as pharmacy files patient profiles charge system files inventories control records for radioactive substances and registries of poison narcotics or controlled drugs.
- Is proficient in the use of provided system solutions to generate required information or trackings.
- Maintains drug data including adequate drug inventory
- Identifies and segregates expired medication on a timely basis.
- Participates in PI program as required by the Medical Center.
- Documents competency in clinical skills at least annually.
- Attends staff meetings as required.
- Registered Pharmacist in the State of Florida.
- B.S. or Pharm.D. from an ACPE-accredited School of Pharmacy.
- 0-1 years of Hospital pharmacy experience.
- An excellent, team focused work environment with opportunity for professional growth
- Competitive salary with bonus potential
- Savings plan with company match
- A variety of health, dental and vision plans
- On-site childcare, tuition reimbursement, and much more!